Summertime means beach-combing. What to do with all the treasures we’ve discovered on the sands?
With just a little wire and a few beads your child can create an enchanting and whimsical necklace.
- artistic/jewelry-making wire
- clasp (optional)
- craft pliers (optional)
- measure wire to desired length for necklace
- cut shorter pieces of wire, wrap around shells, then attach to necklace length wire at appropriate intervals
- in between shells, arrange beads
- secure at ends with clasps or simply bend wire into eye & bar closure
- don’t just stop at seashells, small pebbles & stones, bits of smooth driftwood would also be fun
- you don’t need to use wire, thread would also work and colorful thread would make pretty patterns against the more neutral colors of the seashells.