Leftover stickers, cuttings from postcards, magazines or disused activity books, crumbled origami scraps, even old paint chips can be combined by an imaginative mind, glue and scissors into fun and quirky scenes.
- cuttings from postcards, magazines or disused activity books
- leftover paper scraps or paint chips
- gather together supplies
- provide a large piece of paper to serve as the background for the scene
- give your child scissors and glue
- encourage them to mix and match the different papers and images
- for the younger child, paper can be torn rather than cut with scissors
- if your child needs inspiration, direct her to picture books or scenes outside your home, photos of places she has visited etc.
you may also be interested in