Sometimes simplicity is nourishing for the body and soul.
Every morning I am cooking for a family of five. This often means heaps of french toast, pancakes or crepes, hashbrowns, eggs or sausages, fruit, juice and countless other little things.
But sometimes a bowl full of luxurious greek yogurt topped with farmer’s market strawberries, salty pistachios, creamy walnuts, bee pollen and a drizzle of maple syrup is all you need to start the day.
- Non-fat greek yogurt
- Sliced strawberries
- Shelled pistachios
- Bee pollen
- Maple syrup
- for a more indulgent experience substitute the non-fat greek yogurt for full-fat
- instead of sliced strawberries try sliced figs, mangos, bananas or peaches
- instead of pistachios and walnuts substitute slivered almonds or toasted pinenuts
- rather than maple syrup, drizzle some aromatic honey
- instead of bee pollen, try chia seeds