What do you do with leftover baked potatoes and their fixins’?
Make a creamy baked potato soup.
- 2 leftover baked potatoes
- handful of bacon
- 1 green onion
- cup of steamed broccoli
- tab of butter
- 1/3 C heavy cream or whole milk
- shredded cheese
- rough cut the leftover baked potatoes
- chop the green onions and bacon
- sauté the bacon and green onions in a dutch oven/pot with a tab of butter
- add potatoes and cover with water, heat through
- stir in 1/3 cup of heavy cream/whole milk
- when the soup is piping hot, serve dressed with broccoli florets & top with shredded cheese
- if you like your bacon crispy, reserve it and instead top the soup with it after crisping in a pan