We all have boxes of instant mac & cheese in our pantries, my family prefers the Annie’s variety .
And often after I grill or bake a large filet of salmon I will usually have about a single portion left over.
My way to use up the leftover fish is to make salmon mac & cheese with peas.
Frozen peas, a box of instant mac & cheese, a portion of cooked salmon, whole milk & a tab of butter are all you need to make this creamy and comforting pasta.
- box of instant macaroni & cheese
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- single portion of cooked wild salmon
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 1 small handful of shredded cheese
- 1 tab of butter
- Place 2 cups of milk into pot, add pasta, butter and packet of instant cheese and bring to a boil
- After milk has reduced and pasta is cooked to taste (al dente) stir in shredded cheese and frozen peas
- Serve immediately
- why not add some breadcrumbs and extra cheese on top of the pasta and bake until browned
- don’t have freshly cooked salmon? canned salmon or canned tuna would also work beautifully
you may also be interested in