It’s been a bit gloomy as of late so how about some colorful cauliflower to brighten your day Purple, lime, cheddar and classic cream cauliflower to the dark sky rescue.
Serve raw with homemade thousand island dressing (recipe below).
Pickle the florets and in two days time, you’ll have a tart & sweet condiment to any meal.
Or gently boil the cauliflower and puree for a silky smooth soup (recipe below).
Homemade Thousand Island Dressing
- dill pickle & brine
- cracked black pepper
- mince pickle
- mix equal parts ketchup and mayonnaise, then add minced pickle
- add a splash of pickle brine & cracked pepper to taste
- stir until incorporated
Silky Smooth Cauliflower Soup
- head of cauliflower
- tab of butter
- salt & pepper
- boil cauliflower (with just enough water to cover) until just tender
- place cauliflower, half the water and a tab of butter in blender
- reserve the remaining boiling water
- blend ingredients, adding more water for desired consistency
- salt & pepper to taste
you may also be interested in