Chicken wings, salt, pepper, garlic powder, corn starch, eggs & oil. You are 7 ingredients away from super tasty fried chicken wings. And I bet 6 of these ingredients are already in your pantry.
These are amazing on their own being both crispy and succulent.
They are delicious baked in sweet & sour sauce, bbq sauce, spicy garlic sesame sauce, smoky adobe sauce - you get the picture.
Kudos to my mom for making this recipe a family staple.
- 3 lbs of organic chicken wings
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 1 cup of corn starch
- salt & pepper
- high heat oil for frying (peanut, canola, avocado)
- sprinkle with garlic powder, salt & pepper wings to taste and bring to room temperature
- heat oil to 355 F either in deep fryer or dutch oven/pot
- coat wings in eggs and then cover with corn starch
- fry immediately until golden and crispy
- remove from oil onto a rack covered with paper towels to soak up the oil
- serve hot & crispy
- enjoy half the batch of wings straight from the fryer and place the second half into a 325 F pre-heated oven and barely cover with your favorite sauce, bake for 15 minutes, flip and bake for another 15 minutes for chicken wing bliss
you may also be interested in