I love cabbage. I love coleslaw. I love miso. I also love simple & quick.
This miso green cabbage coleslaw is a wonderful side dish and a perfect base for a more complicated salad.
Crunchy, salty, sweet, umami, and creamy - yes please!
This is a great coleslaw to have with tonkatsu or fried shrimp.
- head of green cabbage
- heaping spoonful of mayo
- heaping spoonful of greek yogurt
- tbsp of miso paste
- tbsp of low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsps of sugar
- 1 tbsp of mirin
- Thinly shred cabbage
- In the bottom of a large bowl mix together all the other ingredients
- Add cabbage to the bowl and toss until coated, taste for reasoning
- Allow to sit in frig for 1 hr before serving
- Instead of just green cabbage try red cabbage
- Add shredded carrots or broccoli
- Green onions and celery would also be very tasty
- Use the dressing to marinate fish or chicken
you may also be interested in