Cozy and indulgent, spinach & artichoke dip is a favorite snack of mine.
There are a plethora of recipes online but I found that this recipe at thekitchn with just a few tweaks is the most delicious I’ve found.
I serve it with thick tortilla chips, salsa & sour cream. And if you’re not careful you and your family may devour it so quickly that a second batch is on deck for your next meal.
- 1 bag of frozen spinach
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 3/4 shredded mixed italian cheeses, reserving 1/4
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 can of artichokes, drained & chopped finely
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- heat butter in large pan, saute onions, garlic & spinach
- add flour and cook until flour disappears into the butter
- add cream & milk and stir until thick
- add cheeses and worcestershire sauce, artichokes and sour cream, combine thoroughly
- add salt & pepper to taste
- place into casserole dish and sprinkle with reserved cheese, broil until cheese is golden & bubbling
- serve with thick tortilla chips, sour cream and salsa
you may also be interested in