The farmer’s market provides such delicious vegetables this time of year and roasting brings out the sweet caramel flavor of these baby turnips, spring carrots and radishes.
This dish proves that you don’t need something to be complicated for it to be delectable.
My three kids, 7, 4 & almost 2 were practically inhaling these as they came out of the oven.
- bunch of turnips
- bunch of radishes
- bunch of small carrots
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt & pepper
- preheat oven to 450
- trim, quarter vegetables
- place vegetables in roasting pan and toss high-heat oil (avocado, sunflower, canola, etc.)
- season to taste with salt & freshly cracked pepper
- place pan into oven and roast for approximately 20 minutes or until vegetables are a toasty brown color, tossing once half way through
- place vegetables into serving tray and toss while hot with butter, serve immediately
- garnish with parsley, chives or scallions or even a dollop of creme fraiche/sour cream
- add fingerling potatoes, parsnips or sweet potatoes
you may also be interested in